Plumb Gold Ltd. is a dynamic combination of award winning designers, goldsmiths and American Gem Society Certified Gemologists. We strive to offer jewelry that you will not find anywhere else. Click the tabs to learn more about our history and our commitment to quality, fair pricing, and community service.
The name Plumb Gold Ltd. comes from the term for “pure” gold. Otherwise known as “plumb” gold, it is exactly calibrated. We only use new “plumb” gold to make our fine quality jewelry.
- Our historic building in Downtown Racine was built in 1870!
- Our Plumb Gold Ltd. jewelry is designed and made right here in Racine, WI.
- Plumb Gold Ltd. is proud to support many designers whose jewelry is hand-made in the USA.
- We have shipped Plumb Gold Ltd. jewelry to customers all over the country and worldwide.
- The largest gem we have ever sold was a 97.3 carat opal set in a one-of-a-kind design by Judy K. Olsen.
- Unlike many other jewelry stores, our jewelry is made and repairs are done in house.
- The logo paired with our Plumb Gold Ltd. name is an ancient symbol for gold. The stylized sunburst is derived from the age-old correlation of gold to the brilliance of the sun.
A little about our History:
In 1975, a group of seven emerging artists began the Racine Artist Workshop. One of the artists, Judy K. Olsen, started her career making sterling silver jewelry and artisan pill boxes. After a year, the group had dissolved and Olsen became the sole proprietor. In 1976, after changing the name to Plumb Gold Ltd., Olsen moved to our current location on Main Street in Racine’s Historic Downtown.
Today, over thirty-five years later, Olsen has taken what began modestly and has made Plumb Gold Ltd. a destination. Her store features her original designs as well as hand selected works by various designers from around the United States, Canada and Europe.
Truth In Pricing :
As members of the American Gem Society, we are committed to truth in pricing with no gimmicks. We do not mark up to mark down!
If you are shopping for diamonds, ours are competitively priced.
We promise that our custom mountings, colored gemstones and designer pieces are always fairly priced.
Trade Affiliations :
Plumb Gold Ltd. sets a higher standard in every aspect of our business. We keep current relationships with many trade organizations. This allows us to provide our customers with knowledge and confidence that they are buying the very best. Our affiliations include:
Crafted in House :
Part of what makes Plumb Gold Ltd. so special is that much of our jewelry is made in house. We have a selection of over 200 limited editions. On top of that, our custom and one-of-a-kind pieces set us apart from other jewelers.
Our Plumb Gold Ltd. diamonds are hand selected based not only on their technical specifications but on their sheer beauty and brilliance. All of our gemologists and sales associates are knowledgeable and willing to find you a diamond that suits every facet of your desires. We have a no pressure sales attitude. We want our customers to be comfortable with all aspects of their diamond buying experience. From size and shape, to cut, color and clarity, we can provide diamonds of a superior quality at the best
Fine Color :
In addition to our ability to provide our customers with excellent quality Plumb Gold Ltd. diamonds, we have found our niche in having the most beautiful examples of natural colored gemstones. Our selection of loose colored gems and designer color jewelry is unparalleled.
Fair Trade Gems :
To further our dedication to the best quality, we are proud to offer a wide array of Fair Trade Gems. These colored gemstones are guaranteed to be fair trade and conflict free. This means that, from the mine to design, workers and the environment are respected. They truly are guilt free luxuries. For more information please visit www.fairtradegems.com
In addition to our fair trade colored gems, all of our Plumb Gold Ltd. diamonds are guaranteed to be conflict free. This includes our Government Certified Canadian Diamonds, which are mined, cut and polished in the Northwest Territories of Canada.
Plumb Gold Ltd. is proud of the community we serve! We are constantly giving back to Downtown Racine, and to charities throughout our area. Some of the organizations we contribute to are-
- Downtown Racine Events
- UW Parkside
- St. Catherine’s High School
- The United Way
- The Prairie School Scholarship Fund
- The Racine Zoo
- Koos for Kids
- H.O.P.E. Safe House
- St. Joseph’s School
- Racine Christian School
- The Racine Women’s Resource Center
- The Salvation Army
- All Saint’s Healthcare Foundation
- American Heart Association
- Emmaus Lutheran Church
- American Cancer Society
- Racine Art Museum
- Midwest Therapeutic Riding Program
- American Red Cross
- ELCA Neighborhood Camp
- American Diabetes Association
- Racine Dairy Statesmen
- Racine County Food Bank
- Milwaukee Second Harvest
- Racine County Humane Society
- Health Care Network of Racine
- Breast Cancer Awareness
- Family Services of Racine
- St. Lucy’s School
- Sacred Heart School
- Women’s Harley Riders for Breast Cancer
- St. Jerome’s School
- St. Edward’s School
- Milwaukee Public Television
- Annual Sponsor- Music on the Monument